Dr. Mathieu Landriault
Dr. Mathieu Landriault is the director of the Observatoire de la politique et la sécurité de l’Arctique (OPSA). He is lecturing in the School of Political Studies at the University of Ottawa and the School of Conflict Studies at Saint Paul University. He is also an associate researcher at the Center for Interuniversity Research on the International Relations of Canada and Quebec (CIRRICQ) and a researcher at the Centre for International Policy Studies (CIPS) of the University of Ottawa. He is researching media and public opinion on Arctic security and sovereignty matters as well as Canadian Foreign Policy, in addition to conducting research on the evolution of Arctic governance in recent years, especially in relations with subnational governments, the private sector and non-governmental organisations.
- Policy Primer: The NORAD Discussion on Twitter: analysis of themes, trends and social relationships, by Mathieu Landriault and Jean-François Savard, September 2020
- Policy Primer: Opinions and framing of the North Warning System from the Canadian North, Gabrielle LaFortune and Mathieu Landriault, August 2020
- Policy Primer: The Continental Defence Debate in the Canadian Public Sphere – Evidence from Traditional Media and Parliamentary Committees, by Mathieu Landriault, Paul Minard, and Praneel Gayan, August 2020
- Quick Impact: Canadian public opinion and defence spending – Possible implications for continental defence modernization, by Mathieu Landriault and Praneel Gayan, July 2020
- Monograph Series: La Sécurité Arctique 2000-2010: Une décennie turbulente? by Mathieu Landriault, Peterborough: North American and Arctic Defence and Security Network, June 2020.
- Quick Impact: Will Budget 2020 take the Canadian North seriously?, by Mathieu Landriault and Andrew Chater, March 2020
- Policy Brief: Engagement with Inuit People by the Canadian Military via social media, by Mathieu Landriault and Jean-François Savard, March 2020
- Quick Impact: Le Nord canadien sera-t-il enfin pris au sérieux dans le prochain budget?, by Mathieu Landriault and Andrew Chater, February 2020
- Quick Impact: Quelle nouvelle structure de gouvernance pour l’Arctique, by Mathieu Landriault, February 2020
- Event Report: Sea-ice loss and the Arctic region, by Nathalie Poirier and Mathieu Landriault, January 2020, See the Event page here
- Event Report: Zapad, Vostok, Tsentr: Russian Military Exercises, Alliances and Capabilities, by Mathieu Landriault, Adam MacDonald, and Thomas Hughes, November 2019
- Policy Brief: Perspectives européennes sur la sécurité arctique – Une analyse des énoncés de politique arctique de l’Allemagne, la France et l’Écosse, by Mathieu Landriault, November 2019
- Policy Brief: European perspectives on Arctic security: Analysis of the 2019 policy statements of Germany, France and Scotland, by Mathieu Landriault, October 2019